- A center for networking farmers and all stakeholders interested in farming.
- To create large scale awareness, sensitisation, training, hands-on experience for younger generations,
- A sustainable farm should generate income to sustain the system.
- All types of farming practices demonstration - multi-cropping, rainfed agriculture, micro irrigation, bio-intensive cultivation, poly houses, shade nets, silvipasture, agroforestry, vertical gardens, kitchen gardens, mixed agriculture with animals and poultry, bee keeping, permaculture, natural farming, etc.
- Automatic weather station and mini meteorological station.
- Use of drones for management of the fields
- Use of balloon kites for management of the fields and monitoring
- Monitoring of the water use - meters and sensors
- Sensors for soil moisture monitoring and irrigation management.
- Use of computers and applications for management of the farm.
- Sacred grove declaration for soil microbes, mother tree, conservation of local biodiversity, habitat for birds, small animals and reptiles which also protect the farm, a place for geo spirit meets and meditation.
Center for excellence on farming practices and technologies
Recent Posts from This Journal
It was in the summer of 1992; I was at Khetri Nagar for an internship at Khetri Copper Complex (KCC), Rajasthan. These are old underground and open…
Floatigation with biochar & plastic bottles design from Dr. N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy Floatigation with biochar & plastic bottles design…